Saturday, March 3, 2012

Great resources for finding PHP work

I get a lot of work primarily through referrals, but surprising (for me anyway) one of the best ways for me to find new work is by using craigslist.org

There are companies looing for both full-time and contract developers with a PHP background (also hot these days are Ruby on Rails and Java positions), but I can always find a lot of companies looking for PHP developers either for full-time or contract work.

You do have to do a bit of searching -- I look at "Internet Engineers" for full time positions and "Gigs" for part-time positions.

In addition to Craigslist, a new service that I have used fairly recently is startupers.com

If you use LinkedIn, and you consulting or need free-lance work, here is one resource you can use:

http://www.linkedin.com/company/freelance-php-developer.

I have not personally used THIS particular resource, but it's good to know what companies are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment